Sunday, February 19, 2012

ASPNET account permissions

I am new to Reporting Services and still learning, but it is a very nice exciting program. I built a new Report and was experimenting with Grouping in reports and using the parameters. Now I would like to Deploy the report to the Report Server so I can use this report on our intranet, however I get the error that the ASPNET account does not have the proper permissions. I am sure that I need to set up ASPNET to have "write" abilities.

What folder(s) do I need to make sure that ASPNET has this? Or should I be looking elsewhere to set up the ASPNET account on the Report Server?

Thanks for the information.

Will you post the exact error message you are seeing? Does it indicate which resource is not permissioned?|||

This is the exact error message when I try to deploy the report:

Error 1 The permissions granted to user 'BRAD\ASPNET' are insufficient for performing this operation. 0 0

|||The folder that needs permission is the root folder in the report server namespace. But running as the ASPNet account is usually not what you want, since all users will be connecting as the same user account. It looks like your report server config file has impersonation turned off. Is this something you changed intentionally?|||

Brian,

For now I did go into Report Services through the SQL Management Studios, went into properties and did see that ASPNET was unchecked. I checked it and now the reports deploy just fine.

Thanks for the great information.

No comments:

Post a Comment