Friday, February 24, 2012

aspnetdb on host, connection string

Hi

I am having trouble connecting to aspnetdb on the shared host. On my local server this is my connection string which works fine:

<addname="MyLocalSqlServer"connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;User Instance=false"

providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

But, this doesn't work on the host (just putting in host address):

<addname="MyLocalSqlServer"connectionString="190.40...232,1444;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb_booksale;User Instance=false"

providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />,

and I get the error :

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

so I put in the user id and password that i used when I created the aspnetdb_booksale db

<addname="MyLocalSqlServer"connectionString="Data Source=196...232,1444;Integrated Security=False;User ID=aspnetdbbooksale; password=amanda;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb_booksale;User Instance=false"

providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

and I get the error:

The ConnectionString property has not been initialized.

Any ideas for me?

Amanda

Hi

My problem is not the connection string, because the one below works when I use the add user wizard. However, I get the error when I use the "createuser.membership" method. Funny tho it worked on my local server...

<addname="MyLocalSqlServer"connectionString="Data Source=196...232,1444;Integrated Security=False;User ID=aspnetdbbooksale; password=amanda;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb_booksale;User Instance=false"

|||

So you mean you got the "The ConnectionString property has not been initialized" when you connect from remote machine using the connection string below?

addname="MyLocalSqlServer"connectionString="Data Source=196...232,1444;Integrated Security=False;User ID=aspnetdbbooksale; password=amanda;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb_booksale;User Instance=false"

Really strange. Every time you got the same error message?

No comments:

Post a Comment