Saturday, February 25, 2012

ASPNETDB.MDF?

Using VS2005, VB backend and javascript,

I have developed a relatively simple site - its got a few (12) simple aspx pages but its mostly client side javascript. Keeping disk storage costs down is a big concern with this my site. The disk usage for the site is ~24M. Since this was larger than I expected I started inspecting the files comprising my site and found that the "ASPNETDB.MDF" in my "App_data" folder is consuming 10.2M by itself. The thing is that site only has a few pages with calls to SQL Server - but I never did anything (that I know of) with ASPNETDB.MDF. Through VS2005, I opened up the MDF file and poked around, everything that I looked at was empty (NULL).

So my questions are:

What is causing the ASPNETDB.MDF to consume 10.2M even thought I can't see any data stored in it?Is there anyway for my to reduce the size of this file? If so, how?

Your input appreciated.

Should I be posting this in a different forum?|||

Hi,

The ASPNETDB contains a lot of information about table structure and membership information about your site.

To check what is occupying the storage, you can run DBCC CHECKDB on your local machine to see the allocation, structural, and logical integrity of all the objects in the specified database.

For more information, please check the following link.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa258278(SQL.80).aspx

HTH. If this does not answer you question, please feel free to mark it as Not Answered and post your reply. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment