Friday, February 24, 2012

ASPNET user Where are others

Hello.

When pages on domain controler I faced problem: ASPNET user does not have access to MS SQL server? WHY does it has to have? My site uses integrated windows authentication.

Thanks in advanceAll you have to do is to to add the ASPNET user (windows user account) to the Users list of your database. To do that in Enterprise Manager, expand your database's tree, click on Users and select New from the toolbar. In the window that will come up select the ASPNET user from the "Login name" dropdownlist.|||I ran into same problem, only that I'm using MSDE and don't know where to get Enterprise Manager. Could you point out which MSDN package (or CD) contains that application? Or is there a way to do it without EM? Thanks a lot!|||Enterprise manager comes with SQL Server. If you don't have SQL Server try to find a replacement of Enterpise Manager. I remember seeing one in www.sourceforge.net. It is web based, built with ASP.NET. I am not sure if it will let you assogn a new user to your DB. But, you can give it a try|||Thanks!|||Well, bun in ASP 3 all I had to do is to grant access to a database for a user who is ACTUALLY browsing my page. Now, in ASP.NET, all the users will have access to a database with the same priveledges, same as ASPNET user. Is there any workaroud?

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment