Saturday, February 25, 2012

Assembly: returning "Globals!ReportName" but letting RS see it as code, not text?

I'm trying to make a reusable header function. In it, there is the report name and a couple other bits of info. The problem is making RS use the real report name

If I return "Globals!ReportName" in an assembly function, then call that function, I get that exact text - but what I really want is the report name. I understand what it's doing, but how to I trick it:

Is there some way to make RS aware of the fact that this is meant to be seen as something it needs to evaluate rather than just displaying the actual text?

How about passing the report name to your function as a parameter and then return the name in the return value?|||

that might be an option.

It's very similar to what i have in place - just appending the report name to the return value.

|||You probably tried this, but would it work to set a variable = Globals!ReportName.Value and then concatenate the variable with your other strings?
|||If you mean in the .net assembly, I just tried it and no luck, but thanks. It seems any text returned is taken to be literal, not code. I even tried something like {Globals!ReportName} - hoping to get lucky, but didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment