Friday, February 24, 2012

aspnet_regiis on remote system

Sure, the subject line seems easy enough. But is there a way that I can run this tool against my local SQL 2k5 server and script out the objects it creates to try and set up the tables and what-not on a remote server that doesn't accept remote connections? Or is there maybe a pre-built script somewhere that you can point me to?

I've tried to grab the stored procs and tables under the aspnet schema and script them out but it's not working correctly. Still can't run my login form against it.

Thanks

Hello,

I think you mean aspnet_regsql.exe? If you run it on your own computer like this: aspnet_regsql.exe /? you will see all available options. In it you will read that it's possible to generate an SQL script file. You can then use this script file to create the tables.

|||

Yes, I did mean the aspnet_regsql.exe. I gen'ed the script. THanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment