Friday, February 24, 2012

aspnet_regsql

Hi,

It seems everytime I create a new project, I have to run aspnet_regsql to map the database to my application, otherwise, there'll be errors when trying to connect to SQL in my application. My question is, is this a norm? To be executing this procedure everytime I create a web application?

bump, anyone?

|||

Hi,

In your project, if you want to create a Microsoft SQL Server database for use by the SQL Server providers in ASP.NET, you have to use that tool to access that database in your SqlServer. My suggestion is once you use that tool, make a copy of the database which built by that tool as a sample database and stored in your SqlServer. In the furture if you want to get a new database for use by SqlServer providers in ASP.NET. Just create a new empty database and import the structure from the sample one.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment