Friday, February 24, 2012

ASPNET security on my sql server

Dear all

I had a problem connecting to my website (through lan) from other machines in the company here.

I googled some and figured out that I have to change the security settings of aspnet in my sql server express 2005.

I did as suggested and now its working

My question is - what should be the real security settings for aspnet on my sql server ?

Should I really add it to the sysadmin ? (what solved the problem...)

Guy

Security settings depend on your environment. They should by design be the least permissions that allow access, but in your case it would mean configuring a new account just for this purpose and you'd likely not add any additional security in an intranet environment.

Jeff

|||

Hi

Thanks for the reply

I am talking about the real world not the lan

I had the problem on lan and that led me to the question :)

Please tell me what should I do on an Internet case

Guy

|||It still depends on what the website needs to do with SQL Server. What was the problem with the SQL Server connection before you add IIS account (or other account?) to sysadmin role of SQL Server?

No comments:

Post a Comment