Thursday, March 29, 2012

Attach error

I plan to move my database file to another folder, I detach it first (successfull), but I can't move (Cut&Paste) my database to another folder (Access is denied), And then I go back object explorer but error when I try to Attach

"Failed to retrieve data for this request (Microsoft.SQLServer.SmoEnum)...... CREATE FILE encountered operating system error 5 (Access is denied)"

please tell me how to attach my database, I really need the data..

thx..

Hi,

you will have to logon with a user who has access to the file first. If you don′t have any, you can logon on SSMS with a SQL Server login (if enabled) and attach the database. The SQL Server Account will be used then for attaching the database whic apparantly had the access to the database.

HTH, Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.desql

No comments:

Post a Comment