Tuesday, March 27, 2012

attach db

I'm moving a db from serverA to serverB. I detached the db on serverA and
copied the files to serverB. I want to change the file names when I attach
it on serverB. How can I do this? If I try to change the name and attach
the db, it doesn't like the renamed files; it will only let me attach as the
original name of the files.
If it's not available in attach, can I rename the file once I attach them
somehow?
Thanks, AndreI figured this out, thanks.
"Andre" <no@.spam.com> wrote in message
news:uvackOWzGHA.1536@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> I'm moving a db from serverA to serverB. I detached the db on serverA and
> copied the files to serverB. I want to change the file names when I
attach
> it on serverB. How can I do this? If I try to change the name and attach
> the db, it doesn't like the renamed files; it will only let me attach as
the
> original name of the files.
> If it's not available in attach, can I rename the file once I attach them
> somehow?
>
> Thanks, Andre
>

No comments:

Post a Comment