Sunday, March 25, 2012

Attach database - error 602

Hello,

After re-installation of MS SQL Server 2000 (Developer edition), I wanted to attch I previously available instances in the Enterprise Manager.
But, when I select "Attach database", I get the error:

Error 602: Could not find row in sysindexes for database ID 9, object ID 1, index ID 1. Run DBCC CHECKTABLE on sysindexes.

When I run this "DBCC CHECKTABLE", I get the message that no errors have been found.

What should I do?SQL Server is finding a problem with the db when trying to attach so it wants you to run DBCC against that db and you can't because it isn't attached. You can try attaching manually with sp_attach_single_file_db or if you have a backup of the db, restore from backup.|||

IS that database detached properly previsouly?

If not try to use RESTORE statement from the backup file and also ensure the service pack level from the previous installation should match with it.

|||No, the databases were not detached previously. But anyway, I restored a backup.
Thanks anyway...|||

I'm glad you were successful but if you don't tell us what you did it doesn't help others. Can you tell us what you did to resolve the issue?

Thanks

|||If there is a problem with DETACH/ATTACH process then if the latest backup is available then you can recover the database using the RESTORE functionality.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment