Sunday, March 25, 2012

Attach Database

I have a database, I was using in SQL server 2005 beta 2. Now I want to
attach this database in SQL server 2000 machine. but when I attached this
database, it gives error 602, Could not find row in sysindexes for database
ID 12, object ID 1, index 1, index ID 1, Run DBCC CHECKTABLE on sysindexes.
Can we do this.I haven't tested it, or bothered to look in the docs, but I would be
surprised if this was in fact supported.
Have you looked in Books Online for SQL Server 2005 to see what it says
about detached DBs?
--
Brian
"Rajaram" <Rajaram@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6EA3C9EF-8DA7-44CB-ACD3-E4F56B5F5EEE@.microsoft.com...
> I have a database, I was using in SQL server 2005 beta 2. Now I want to
> attach this database in SQL server 2000 machine. but when I attached this
> database, it gives error 602, Could not find row in sysindexes for
database
> ID 12, object ID 1, index 1, index ID 1, Run DBCC CHECKTABLE on
sysindexes.
> Can we do this.|||Brian's right, it's not supported. You can attach SQL Server 2000 databases
to SQL Server 2005, but not the other way around.
--
Sincerely,
Stephen Dybing
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Brian Moran" <brian@.solidqualitylearning.com> wrote in message
news:eC7gNfjoEHA.3792@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>I haven't tested it, or bothered to look in the docs, but I would be
> surprised if this was in fact supported.
> Have you looked in Books Online for SQL Server 2005 to see what it says
> about detached DBs?
> --
> Brian
>
> "Rajaram" <Rajaram@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:6EA3C9EF-8DA7-44CB-ACD3-E4F56B5F5EEE@.microsoft.com...
>> I have a database, I was using in SQL server 2005 beta 2. Now I want to
>> attach this database in SQL server 2000 machine. but when I attached this
>> database, it gives error 602, Could not find row in sysindexes for
> database
>> ID 12, object ID 1, index 1, index ID 1, Run DBCC CHECKTABLE on
> sysindexes.
>> Can we do this.
>|||You can't downgrade using BACKUP/RESTORE or detach/attach.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"Rajaram" <Rajaram@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6EA3C9EF-8DA7-44CB-ACD3-E4F56B5F5EEE@.microsoft.com...
> I have a database, I was using in SQL server 2005 beta 2. Now I want to
> attach this database in SQL server 2000 machine. but when I attached this
> database, it gives error 602, Could not find row in sysindexes for database
> ID 12, object ID 1, index 1, index ID 1, Run DBCC CHECKTABLE on sysindexes.
> Can we do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment