Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Attach database problem

Hi Folks
I am a newbie trying to attach an MSDE dbf from a whatever.mdf and
whatever.ldf files. I keep getting an error that I can't attach the database
to the same name as an existing database.
Any help would be appreciated?
Danny
Hello,
Looks like the database name you specify in the atatch database is already
in the same server instance. Execute SP_HELPDB and make sure that
the database you specy is already not there.
Thanks
Hari
"Danny" <lane.dj@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:OZdKYqZaHHA.1220@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hi Folks
> I am a newbie trying to attach an MSDE dbf from a whatever.mdf and
> whatever.ldf files. I keep getting an error that I can't attach the
> database to the same name as an existing database.
> Any help would be appreciated?
> Danny
>

No comments:

Post a Comment