Tuesday, March 27, 2012

attach database option disabled

Hi,
I am trying to attach a database via enterprise manager
but the option to this is disabled. Is there anyway I can
enable this option?
Thanks in advance
JenCIs the server you're connected to using SQL Server 7? If so, then no, you
cannot enable it. However, you can do the attach via Query Analyzer using
sp_attach_db (look up syntax in BOL).
"JenC" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1b4401c4999a$277726f0$3a01280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I am trying to attach a database via enterprise manager
> but the option to this is disabled. Is there anyway I can
> enable this option?
> Thanks in advance
> JenC|||Hi,
I am using SQL 2000 and I have tried using sp_attach_db
but with no joy.
Thanks.
>--Original Message--
>Is the server you're connected to using SQL Server 7? If
so, then no, you
>cannot enable it. However, you can do the attach via
Query Analyzer using
>sp_attach_db (look up syntax in BOL).
>
>"JenC" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:1b4401c4999a$277726f0$3a01280a@.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to attach a database via enterprise manager
>> but the option to this is disabled. Is there anyway I
can
>> enable this option?
>> Thanks in advance
>> JenC
>
>.
>|||"JenC" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:124b01c4999d$6ca7ada0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> I am using SQL 2000 and I have tried using sp_attach_db
> but with no joy.
Do you want to post your error and some more information about the
problem? How was the database detached?|||Hi,
I have sorted it out now (touch wood). Basically we have a
setup program that as part of the install installs MSDE
2000, unfortunately on some PC's (mainly Win XP PCs) it
installs the earlier version of MSDE and this is what
caused the confusion. I have now successfully installed
MSDE 2000 and I can now attach databases to my hearts
content.
Thanks for your help.
Jen
>--Original Message--
>"JenC" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:124b01c4999d$6ca7ada0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
>> I am using SQL 2000 and I have tried using sp_attach_db
>> but with no joy.
> Do you want to post your error and some more
information about the
>problem? How was the database detached?
>
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment