Sunday, March 25, 2012

Attach and ODBC Database in Enterprise Manger (I think)

I have created an SQL database and would like to attach an ODBC database so
I can query its data along with data from the SQL database. How can I
attached this table in the Enterprise manager? Or maybe my thinking is
wrong and can't be done this way, so how do i do it? Sotred Procedures?
Views? Please help...
Thank you in advance for any help for I am in a real bind,
MikeI think what you are saying is you want to connect an ODBC datasource to you
r
SQL database. Is this correct?
"Michael Kintner" wrote:

> I have created an SQL database and would like to attach an ODBC database s
o
> I can query its data along with data from the SQL database. How can I
> attached this table in the Enterprise manager? Or maybe my thinking is
> wrong and can't be done this way, so how do i do it? Sotred Procedures?
> Views? Please help...
> Thank you in advance for any help for I am in a real bind,
> Mike
>
>|||Use can use Enterprise Manager to create a Linked Server. In the EM,
expand your database instance, then expand the Security node and then
right click on Linked Servers to create a new linked server. Fill-in
the blanks and you're done.
In Query Analyzer, you can query you linked server like:
select * from <linked_server_name>.<database_name>.<dbo>.<table_name>
Easy.|||YEs this is correct, I have an AS400 system I would like connect to my SQL
server and run views between both systems on my SQL server.
"Lontae Jones" <LontaeJones@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2A5BEF15-D324-43AB-81A9-954257D496DD@.microsoft.com...
>I think what you are saying is you want to connect an ODBC datasource to
>your
> SQL database. Is this correct?
>
>
> "Michael Kintner" wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment